First of all, where is the headquarters of this “Doomsday Preppers Movement” I’ve been reading about? And where can I sign up? I didn’t realize there was an organized movement, one deserving of capital letters. Who is the leader of this “movement”? I’d like to meet him (or her) immediately!
The propaganda machine is not only going after guns in the wake of the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School – this has become a two-for-the-price-of-one crisis, allowing the government and media to yet again, demonize preppers.
Various techniques are used, by any set of groups, and aimed to influence a target audience’s value systems, belief systems, emotions, motives, reasoning, or behavior. It is used to induce confessions or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the originator’s objectives, and are sometimes combined with black operations or false flag tactics. Target audiences can be governments, organizations, groups, and individuals.
Yesterday the mainstream media began churning out articles about Nancy Lanza, the mother of the shooter, Adam Lanza. When you read the following quotes, ask yourself: “How many of these comments could describe ME?”A few descriptive quotes:
Gee…they say this stuff like it’s a BAD thing.
- Stockpiles (or hoards) food….check.
- Takes children target shooting….check.
- Preparing for economic and/or social collapse….check.
- Serious about home defense….check.
- Home is well-fortified against criminals….check.
- Skilled with weapons….check.
- Survivalist philosophy….check.
- Believes that we are capable of educating our children at home….check.
Thanks to Murray for passing this on.